The City of Wilmington welcomes your and your business to our City! Our staff is on hand to assist you in completing your license applications and to guide you through the necessary steps.
The licensing process differs greatly by license type. If you are uncertain about what steps to take, zoning requirements or what type of license to apply for please contact: Joie Ziller at 815 476-2175 ext 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Including but not limited to: General, Maintenance,
Cement & Concrete, Masonry, Carpentry, Lathing,
Roofing, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Dry Wall, Painting, Landscaping, Tent and Awning, Operating Engineers
- Business Applies to; A building, structure, area or premises, or a portion thereof, that the principal use of which is:
The rendering of personal or material services for profit;
The wholesale or retail sale or distribution of material goods or chattels for profit;
The manufacture or sale of any item for profit; or
The storing of personal or material goods or items for profit.
- Liquor - Most classes only allow for a set number of licenses. Check with City Hall for availability.
- Class A - Retail sale on the specified premises of alcoholic liquor only for consumption on the premises.
- Class B - Wholesale and retail sale on the specified premises of alcoholic liquor but the liquor sold shall not be for consumption on the specified premises where sold.
- Class B-1 - Wholesale and retail sale on the specified premises of beer and wine but the beer and wine sold shall not be for consumption on the specified premises where sold.
- Class C - Retail sale of alcoholic liquor upon the specified premises only to members and guests when accompanied by members and shall be issued only to clubs as defined by the Illinois Liquor Control Act, to local lodges of national fraternal organizations, and to other bona fide fraternal pleasure and social associations not organized primarily for the sale or consumption of alcoholic liquor.
- Class D - Retail sale of alcoholic liquor in restaurants only for consumption on the premises
- Class D-1: - Retail sale of beer and wine in restaurants, service bar only, only for consumption on the premises.
- Class E - Sale of alcoholic liquor by civic, charitable, governmental, or other not-for-pecuniary-profit organizations on specified premises or within an area specifically designated in the license for no longer than a period of 24 hours.
- Class F - Retail sale of bottled wine in its original container on specified premises or within an area specifically designated in the license for those businesses where the sale of the bottled wine is an incident to the merchandise generally offered for sale on the premises.
- Class G - Retail sale and dispensing of alcoholic liquor for consumption at an outdoor sporting/entertainment facility for businesses operating as a banquet facility for private parties scheduled in advance including, but not limited to, wedding receptions, political and charitable fund-raisers, club gatherings, sports banquets, anniversary parties, reunions, holiday parties, appreciation gatherings, company parties and similar events.
- Class H: May sell alcoholic liquor to its patrons and guests by the drink, for consumption in the clubhouse and on the golf course, and not for resale in any form.
- Class W: Wine tasting events shall be defined as: an event encompassing no more than eight consecutive hours at which wine is dispensed in glasses which can hold no more than two oz. of wine; the total two oz. servings per person shall not exceed six for the event.
License Costs and Terms:
- Registration fee of $100.00 ·
- A copy of the Certificate of Liability Insurance, General Liability, with a $1,000,000 limit for each occurrence and $1,000,000 General Aggregate, listing the City of Wilmington as Certificate Holder
- Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance
- $25.00 per year (December 15—January 31)
- Paid in advance to the city clerk at the time of application. $15.00 of this will be put into the economic development account.
- Class A, B & B-1: $800 payable in two semiannual installments of $400 each; the installments shall be due on May 1 and November 1 of each year.
- Class C: $400 per year payable in two semiannual installments of $200 each; the installments shall be due on May 1 and November 1 of each year.
- Class D & D-1: $700 per year, one-half on May 1 and one-half on November 1 of each year
- Class E: $25 per day
- Class F: $200
- Class G: $1,900 payable in two semiannual installments of $950 each. One-half on May 1 and one-half on November 1 of each year.
- Class H: $800 payable on May 1 of each year.
- Class W: A holder of a Class A, Class B, Class E, or Class F license shall be allowed no more than four Class W licenses per calendar year.
Additional Licenses Requirements Apply to :
- Garage Sales
- Billiard Halls & Bowling Alleys
- Skating Rinks
- Bakeries and Restaurants
- Tattoo Establishments
- Service Stations
- Junk Dealers
- Outdoor Advertising