The Public Works Department's purpose is to develop and maintain the City's infrastructure, buildings, grounds and equipment and provide other community services such as mowing and plowing.
Public Works Hours: 7am-3pm Monday through Friday
Public Works Department
745 Widows Road
Gary VanDuyne, Superintendent
- Streets Department
- Plow and Salt
- Cold Patch
- Mow, Weed Eat, Clean Ditches
- Repair & Replace Signs
- City Owned Light Poles
- Repair Culverts
- Install Water & Sewer Mains
- Participation in all City Run Events
- Maintain all City Property including City Parks and Buildings
- Storm Clean-Up
- Beautification including planting flowers and trees on City owned property and around Welcome to Braidwood signs
Did a City Hall Employee Make your Day? Find out about our Employee incentive program.
Have a request or complaint that should be directed to the water or street department? Fill out this form and return it to City Hall.
The Will County Emergency Management Association website is full of preparedness plans and tips on surviving many types of extreme conditions.
Sign up here if you would like to subscribe to have local alerts sent to your phone or other devices using the Citizen Alert System.